Mountain’s Top Renovation Projects
At Mountain Construction, we’re proud of every project we take on. The projects below are a few of our favorite recent renovation projects.
BCRA is a leading local architecture, engineering and design firm. When the firm’s leadership decided to remodel its own existing space in downtown Tacoma, they turned to Mountain Construction to work with them on the construction. The project gave BCRA an opportunity to showcase the design talents of its team, while the newly developed space reflected the firm’s collaborative, interdisciplinary approach to its work with clients.
Griot’s Garage offered their first catalog of care-care products in 1990. Today, Griot’s products are preferred by car enthusiasts and automobile museums nationwide.
Founder Richard Griot purchased a dilapidated former Coca-Cola bottling plant with a vision of transforming it into their corporate center, flagship retail store, and the ultimate car-enthusiast playground for weekend car shows and other events.
The fantastic art decor/fifties showroom is filled with unique car-theme details and is built to the exacting quality standards expected by Griot’s Garage and their customers.
This project consisted of seismic upgrades to the building that included new roof sheathing, new floor to walls ties at all diaphragms, strong back bracing of the bell tower at the upper level, grouted exterior masonry hollow cell walls, added new classroom framing, and a new structural CMU stair tower addition.
Mountain also completed the following for the project.
- New roofing, gutters & downspouts
- Exterior masonry cleaning and sealing
- New plaza entrance with exterior staircase and ADA ramp access
- Replacement of damaged city sidewalks and alley driveways
- Added two new classrooms with new windows
- Remodeled warming kitchen
- Added stair tower to provide additional egress for the building
- New lighting, electrical service, and panels
- New energy-efficient HVAC systems for the building
- New paint and flooring throughout the interior
- New stairway from the 6th avenue entrance to the basement
- New sanctuary stage and stage wall