Catholic Archdiocese of Seattle
Federal Way, WA
Situated on a bluff above Puget Sound, this facility was constructed in 1956 by the Redemptorist Fathers. The peaceful 35-acre setting features spectacular views and walking paths. The Catholic Archdiocese of Seattle acquired the facility in 2000 with plans to make it into a centerpiece for retreat, conference, and educational programs, and to meet the need for priest retirement housing.
The retreat center and primary chapel received extensive modernizations and a new 3-story wing with additional guest and common rooms. Retired priest housing consists of two 4-plex living units and a communal building with recreational facilities and a small chapel.
Civil construction included expanding roads and utilities, as well as adding courtyards and extensive landscaping.