The Palisades Center

  • Owner

    Catholic Archdiocese of Seattle
  • Use

    Worship
  • Location

    Federal Way, WA
  • Size

    54,901 sf
  • Design Professional

    Broderick Architects

Situated on a bluff above Puget Sound, this facility was constructed in 1956 by the Redemptorist Fathers. The peaceful 35 acre setting features spectacular views and walking paths. The Catholic Archdiocese of Seattle acquired the facility in 2000 with plans to make it into a centerpiece for retreat, conference and educational programs, and to meet the need for priest retirement housing.

The retreat center and primary chapel received extensive modernizations and a new 3-story wing with additional guest and common rooms. Retired priest housing consists of two 4-plex living units and a communal building with recreational facilities and a small chapel.

Civil construction included expanding roads and utilities, as well as adding courtyards and extensive landscaping.

Back To Institutional